2.5″ of rain fell on Hilldale the past three days…thankfully it’s over. Sounds like the sun will be out this afternoon and from there the weekend looks great! We’ll have to keep golf carts on paths through tomorrow (10/17), and then hopefully be ok to exit paths on Sat./Sun. “Our staff is putting things back together” after so much rain, but everything is going well with regard to bunker washouts being resolved and catching up with leaf cleanup. The greens are rolling very well and with an assist from the sun and wind (drying conditions); green surrounds, tees, and fwys should also be in good playing condition by the weekend. Thanks to all for coming out…see you on the course.
We received approximately 1″ of rain yesterday afternoon and evening…and it sounds like more could be on the way. We’ll open the course this morning with carts restricted to paths only (thanks for your cooperation!). Due to the weather warmup (high of 70 deg. today) our grounds staff will be mowing all primary turf areas (greens, tees, fwys.) this morning. Some of the sand traps will have water in them so please bear with us until the rain is out of our area. The forecast is indicating that today will be the last day of measurable precipitation, so the plan as of now is to pump the water out of all bunkers tomorrow morning (10/15/14). I hope everyone has a great day out there and thanks for playing Hilldale.
Bryan Widmer, CGCS